background

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Day 18 Post BMT

Woohoo, I'm making some progress here. The doctor got me off antibiotics, I no longer have a fever and it's been a while since my last spike. The TPN (nutrition) I was receiving via IV was changed to overnight only. Even though the food sucks here, I'm forcing myself to eat three times a day. And even if the water isn't Aquafina, you bet I'm drinking it anyway. I just want to get out of here. My IV medications are slowly switching to PO meds (by mouth).

My friend, Dawn, in Room 6119 is just 5 days behind me. We are planning a meet and greet in the hallway or in her room. That didn't happen today because my family came and visit. So hopefully tomorrow. It's so wonderful to have a friend here, who's going through the same things I'm going through. And we both have a four-month old at home. I wish to be her friend for a long time. When the children are old enough, maybe we can have a play-date.

And the highlight of my day today was that I got to see my baby Danica. Oh how lovely she looked, in a pink and white striped romper, that her Auntie Shellah and family got her. It's currently my favorite outfit on her. She looks cute in pink, definitely a girly-girl.

Ooooh before I forget, I have another new friend. She attends Light of the World in Pomona. Although I've never once met her, I was surprised to receive a card from her. She truly made my day when I read her message. Just the kind of note that I needed, especially that day because I was not feeling well. Her name is Grace and I just wanted to give her a shoutout on my blog! Thank you for putting a smile on my face. I hope to meet you at church soon and I also have included you and your family in my prayers. God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment