background

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day 7 Post BMT

Last night was pretty bad. I found myself awake with my eyes wide open every hour. My throat was so sore that it makes it very difficult to swallow. The nurse gave me an oral suspension, it has Maalox, Benadryl and Lidocaine. The solution was so gross! I only used it thrice.

Around 4:30 in the morning, the CNA took my vitals. I had a fever. Right away, I was placed on antibiotics. The doctor also ordered a machine (PCA) that automatically dispenses pain medication by pushing a button. To avoid overdose, you can only push the button every 30 minutes. I pushed it every hour, I must say it helped out a little bit. Another weird thing, the tip of my fingers were tingling last night. I hope none of my family or friends have to go through this. It's horrible!

"Is this really what I signed up for?" I asked myself. I guess Dr. Farol was not lying when he said I will feel really down for the first couple of weeks. Well, it's now Day 7 and according to him, my counts should start elevating by Day 12. I can't wait...

The coolest thing happened today! My nurse, Julie, asked if she could pray for me. Of course I said yes. I felt very special. James 5:16 says, "So admit to one another that you have sinned. Pray for one another so that you might be healed. The prayer of a godly person is powerful. It makes things happen."

No comments:

Post a Comment