background

Monday, May 16, 2011

Day 2

I waited 1 hour and 47 minutes in the lobby. Luckily, I got my iPad so it wasn't that bad. I'm currently reading "The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake" by Aimee Bender. It's a good read, so far. The narrator is a third grader named Rose. I digress.

Last night, I kept tossing and turning in bed. I couldn't sleep because I kept thinking about the catheter lying just above my heart, in the superior vena cava, to be exact. Every time I turned to my left side, I felt my heart fluttering. Almost as if the tip of the PICC line is tickling my heart. I had nightmares about it the entire evening. I thought I was going to have a heart attack. Maybe it's all psychological, it's all in my head. Well, I hope this feeling goes away.

The nurse took my vital signs. My blood pressure was 84/45. I told her my diastolic is usually in the 90s, my systolic 60s. She worried a little, but I told her that I was feeling dizzy because I was hungry. Now here I am, sitting in the same room I was in yesterday. This time, a different chair. Blogging while waiting for my Turkey sandwich that the nurse ordered for me. I'm so hungry, I can already taste the tender meat and the crispy lettuce. Oh great! Here's my lunch. Perfect timing, I shall blog again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment