background

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Happy Birthday To Me

Well, it's not really my actual birthday, it's my bone marrow's 1st birthday. LOL. If you're new to my blog, I had a bone marrow transplant (I had Aplastic Anemia and Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria) on May 24, 2011 at City of Hope in Duarte, CA. I can't believe it has been a year. My blood counts have been normal and I haven't had a transfusion since June 4, 2011. I'm glad those days are over with. I can't imagine getting transfusions every week, like I used to. That is why I'm so grateful to my donor, he really did save my life. Because of God and because of my donor, I'm alive and enjoying life with family and friends. I love my life. I appreciate everything and I don't take anything for granted, because I know how it feels to not be able to walk, I know how it feels to not be able to breathe, I know how it feels to be poked with a needle at least six times a week, I know how it feels to be disabled. I've learned so much from my experience and I'm glad that I'm here and able to share my story with family and friends. God is good, all the time. He always has a reason for everything that happens in our lives. God is much bigger than we are, if we just give everything to the Lord, He will take care of everything for us. When we surrender to God, joy and peace can be ours. 

Jeremiah 29:11-14 says, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity. 

Here I am, one year after chemo and transplant. My hair is getting longer. It's super curly, so I flat iron my bangs. My mom treated me out to dinner at Cheesecake Factory for my first birthday. Now, I have two birthdays. I feel so special =)


Happy 1st birthday to my bone marrow. May you live long and thrive!




No comments:

Post a Comment