background

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Malibu

For the first time this Summer, I went to the beach! Yay! The reason why I don't like going to the beach is because of the sun. Yes, the sun. The sun is my frenemy. If you don't know what that word means, it means friend/enemy. I'm prone to skin cancer and my doctor advised me to avoid the sun as much as possible. And when I do go out, to make sure I have sunblock and wear a floppy hat to cover my face. Sometimes, I use an umbrella. I look kinda silly with an umbrella, but who cares. As long as I have protection. I did notice a couple of brown spots, one on my finger and the other on my leg. Next week, I have an appointment with my Dermatologist, so I'll ask about those. My body will never be like how it used to. Before I got diagnosed with Aplastic Anemia and PNH, I was very healthy. I never had to miss work because I was sick. I was never sick. Never say never, I guess. Now, I get sick easily and really have to take care of myself.

So anyway, we went to Malibu beach yesterday. We went around 7:30 pm (there was so much traffic on the 101 fwy)... but it ended up being perfect because the sun started to set and I didn't have to wear a hat or use an umbrella. This was Danica's second trip to the beach. She was so scared of the water and just wanted to be carried around. We did dip her feet so she can have a feel of the cold water. She enjoyed it for a while, then asked to be picked up again. Here are some photos from our little beach trip:








No comments:

Post a Comment