background

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Home Sweet Home

I got bored yesterday, so I decided to play with my camera. Just for fun, I turned the dial to the Manual mode of my DSLR and started taking pictures. My little model, aka my daughter, was too tired and didn't want to smile for the camera... so I took pictures of some home decor instead. When I reviewed what I've taken photos of, I suddenly had the urge to go to HomeGoods or even Michaels for more items for the home. Too bad, we have such a small space and I also have to be careful with what I buy, because I have a baby at home who is super curious and just wants to touch everything.

I love this birdcage that I used as a card holder at my wedding. Inside is a Ralph Lauren porcelain container that I got at HomeGoods for $3. It was on clearance because it was missing the lid. I'm not sure what it's for, but I'm using it as a vase. The flowers are from Ikea. I just love how soft the colors are and it's so Shabby Chic. 






Here's a collage that I put together. 


The flowers are made from paper and I got them at HomeGoods. I love that store! The painting above is of my dog, Mr. Miyagi. It is made with acrylic paint by my good friend, Bey. She is awesome, I love her work. 


No comments:

Post a Comment