background

Monday, February 20, 2012

Benadryl

I just wasted the past couple of hours, napping, thanks to Benadryl. I ate a purple yam candy and all of a sudden felt my right eye puffing up. So, I took 50 mg of Benadryl and here I am two hours later. My eye is still a bit puffed up but it's tolerable. Not sure what happened there because I've had purple yam in the past.

Earlier today, I went to see my BMT doctor at Kaiser Sunset. My liver enzymes are still a bit high, so I've been on high dosages of steroids and immunosuppressants... again. I have Chronic Graft vs Host in my liver, that's causing the enzymes to go out of whack. For now, I'm seeing my doctor every 2 weeks and getting blood drawn every week to monitor my labs. I'm just thankful that I am not needing transfusions anymore. I've been transfusion-free since June 4th, 2011.

In the background, I hear Raul reading books to Danica, so I think I will stop here and just enjoy what I'm hearing... I love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment