background

Friday, September 23, 2011

Update

My ALT and AST labs are too high since last Saturday. Here's the info I got online, from http://medicinenet.com

What do elevated liver tests (AST and ALT) mean?

"AST (SGOT) and ALT (SGPT) are sensitive indicators of liver damage or injury from different types of diseases. But it must be emphasized that higher-than-normal levels of these liver enzymes should not be automatically equated with liver disease. They may mean liver problems or they may not. For example, elevations of these enzymes can occur with muscle damage. The interpretation of elevated AST and ALT levels depends upon the entire clinical evaluation of an individual, and so it is best done by physicians experienced in evaluating liver disease and muscle disease."

I have done three blood labs since last Saturday and they all show an elevated AST and ALT. See, this is what happened... I went to the LA County Fair with my family. I didn't drink a lot of fluids because I hate using the public restroom. Then on Sunday, I didn't drink enough either because I don't like using the restroom at church. My urine, of course, was darker since I was dehydrated. Because of all the medications I'm currently on, I'm supposed to drink plenty of fluids to flush them out of my system. I'm guessing, the reason why these labs came back elevated is because I didn't drink enough water?? Well, I'm not so sure. The doctor placed me back on steroid, Prednisone 25 mg twice a day. Yesterday's blood work is still elevated but looks better than last Saturday's. Anyway, I have an appointment for an ultrasound of the liver tomorrow. Let's see what it shows. I'm crossing my fingers.

On a positive note, here's a picture of Danica. She's 7 months and 3 weeks old. Enjoy your Friday =)


No comments:

Post a Comment