background

Monday, March 14, 2011

Say my name, say my name

When I was younger, I hated my name because my friends always made fun of it and most people don't pronounce it correctly. I was always asked where my parents got my name from. To those who still do not know, my father named me after a camera... but not just any camera, an expensive one. That sure makes me feel special. I'm glad he didn't name me Kodak or Fuji or Mamiya. For thirteen years, I really hated my name. My classmates would always sing "Like a virgin" to me. My teachers would mispronounce my name for the first 2 weeks of class. It was so annoying!!! There was even a time when I would lie to people and tell them that my name is Michelle. It took a long time for me to like my name. As I got older, a lot more people said I have a "unique" name versus I have a "weird" name. They would substitute the word "like" with "leic." And just leic that, now I love my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment