background

Friday, March 25, 2011

Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria

THERE IS HOPE! I was 13 weeks pregnant when I was diagnosed with Aplastic Anemia + PNH. The doctors gave me the option to terminate the pregnancy but my husband and I decided to go on with it. Platelet and blood transfusions were done as needed. Soliris was also started due to the presence of blood in my urine. My signs and symptoms were fatigue, dizziness, petechiae, bleeding of gums and blood in urine. It was a tough pregnancy. I found myself in the hospital twice a week. The doctors said the baby would most likely come out early... but she didn't. She is a full-term baby! We were all surprised. I gave birth via C-section to a very healthy baby on February 2nd, 2011. Her name is Danica Joy Palma. She is now almost two months old and doing very well. I wish I could say the same about me. It has been two months and I am still having post partum hemorrhage. My blood count is getting worse. I am in and out of the hospital for transfusions and observation. Next Monday, I will meet with the Bone Marrow Transplant Doctor at City of Hope in Duarte, CA. I will keep you guys updated... For now, I just PRAY and PRAY and PRAY!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am praying for you and my thoughts are with you and your family. I am surviving with PNH since 2005! Its amazing and living, loving life.

    ReplyDelete