background

Friday, May 24, 2013

I'm Two Years Old

Today is a very special day to me. On this date, two years ago, I had a bone marrow transplant at City of Hope in Duarte, CA. I still remember that day like it was yesterday. I was scared and had no idea what to expect. I remember just lying in bed, while the stem cells were being infused through my PICC line. I remember just praying to God the entire time. I remember how I just teared up and thought of Raul, Danica, my family and friends. Here I am two years later... still can't believe that it has been two years. I recently signed a consent to release personal information and I pray that my donor will sign in to, so we can contact each other. And I would love to meet him and his family. How cool would that be? Anyway, happy 2nd birthday to my blood cells... each one is a gift from God and I am grateful to be well and alive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment